Monday, March 10, 2014

Working hard in Brazil


Today I have a little more time. A lot of p-days in April will be kind of like last week because I'll be visiting areas. This week we found 7 new people to teach, which is an improvement. Out of every 20 people we talk to, about 10 stop to listen, 5 give us a correct address, and 2 we actually get to teach. After a long week, we had a long Sunday walking around trying to find someone at home. Our appointments fell through and there was almost no one outside. After a few hours, out of nowhere an old investigator passed by in her car and told us she would like to be taught again next week. Being in the right place at the right time is important. We could have just sat down and given up on the day. I am continually surprised at how I feel so happy even after being ignored day after day. I don't mind it, as long as I know I'm fulfilling in important purpose, which is inviting and helping. We're teaching someone named Michelle. She is our only progressing investigator. She's wonderful. She has a baptismal date set for this month. Out of all things, she's worried about the baptismal font, haha. She thinks it's scary. But if that's the only hindrance, I think she'll be alright. 

I heard from Elder Bell that some more people we were teaching got baptized. I'll see if I can get a picture to send to you guys.

I know you guys want more pictures. What do you want pictures of?

Be excellent to each other,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment