Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bryce Busy in Brazil


Hello!

This week we had a lot of busy work to do so we had a little less time to teach. We had 
to pick up stuff from the office (which is a long way away), fix a problem
with E. Parada´s credit card, and we went to Aguas Claras (which is also pretty far) to
teach some of the sister missionaries´ investigators (I´d never heard of doing this, but it was cool).

We had a cool lesson with Leo this week. We watched a film about Christ´s visit to America to accompany
his reading of 3 Nephi 11. He really liked it and said he wished more people knew about this. We talked
more with him about trying to stop smoking. He thought he could stop easily but he was getting
a little discouraged. We encouraged him to read the scriptures and pray anytime he feels an urge
to smoke. We asked his sister what changes she´s seen in Leo since he started talking to us. She mentioned
that they stopped arguing and he has more patience. It´s easy to see the change that´s already
taken place in him. It´s great to see how quickly the gospel can change someone. I know he´ll be able
to stop smoking if he stays determined.

Eduardo has been coming to church for about 2 months now. He still doesn´t accept everything taught
but he makes a wonderful contribution to the gospel principles class with his insights. Everything he
says is well thought out and perfectly concordant with what we believe, so I scratch my head quite a 
bit, wondering why he doesn´t accept the church. I know he enjoys coming to 
church and feels something different while he´s there. When he becomes a member someday he´ll be
an excellent leader, I know that. 

The ward choir is singing soon and we got to rehearse with them. I was relieved to be able to sing in a choir again.
I think I´ll play in sacrament meeting something on the piano too, which I´m excited about.

Every day is busy and tiring but I´m enjoying the learning and growing. Keep it real fambam.

Love,
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment