Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy 20th Birthday to Elder Young!!!!


Today is a transfer day so time is running away from me. But I do want to share a poem I found in one of Thomas Monson's talks this week.

I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody's need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.

(Bryce didn't write much this week because of transfers, but I have included a few lines from some of the individual letters he sent to family members)
To his bros:
Thanks for the birthday comments! I feel so good about myself now. I feel like Mario when you press L in super smash bros and he grows to almost 3 times his size. That's what my ego just did.
I got all the pictures--thanks so much, they're great, and I should get the package this week or next, we'll see. But no worries.

To dad (thinking mom might not see!!!!)
Thank you again for the birthday wish. I'm glad I have the privilege of spending my birthday giving what I can of the day back to the one who gave it to me.

I don't want Mom to freak out, but I only got to work 1 day since Tuesday because E. Reese and I got sick. We had some kind of stomach virus or something. We're thinking it was from some bad fruit we ate or something. It wasn't bad,
I'm pretty sure every american missionary that goes to Brazil goes through a sickness like this at least once on their mission. So I didn't get to teach any investigators or visit Isabel's family like I wanted to. I had a lot of time to read and study and talk to E. Reese though. And I benefited from those things. 

I'm completely better now, though. So don't let anyone worry.

Until next week!
Love,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment